Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Writer's Block

When I decided I was going to blog every day in November, I made a list of 30 things I could talk about. That way, when it came to a brain-dead day, I could just look at the list and have things to talk about. Well, actually it was only 23 things I could come up with at the time. And so far, Halloween is the only thing on the list that has made it to the blog.

And then today I couldn't think of anything fun to write about. I mean, who wants to hear my thoughts on Rumsfeld resigning or election results or even my meeting with John Ratzenberger this morning. So, I went to my handy dandy list to decide what to talk about. Of course, I couldn't find it. Made a 30-day list just so I could have fun and witty things to say and now it's gone. There goes my plan for an interesting and amusing blog. I think the whole point of being fun and witty is that it comes natural to people, but not me. I plan plan plan.

But then, some days a story comes along that's like an early Christmas present to bloggers and celebrity-obsessed gossipers (you know...like me). Geez, I thought Ryan and Reese were a big deal. But Hollywood was just biding it's time. The Federline break-up was inevitable. I have to comment on it, though I've seen many things that do a much better job of summing it up than I ever could. I read a story today that made me laugh out loud...check it out here. It's a real eye-opener on what went wrong with the Federlines. Why do I care? Because I love 90s pop. And Britney is the essence of that great moment in American musical history.
-------------------------------------------

Unless something crazy like Tim McGraw and Faith Hill break up, I'll have to come up with something else to talk about over the next few days. Maybe I'll make lists of things....iPod playlists, grocery lists, lists of all my bad habits, lists of good habits.

Or maybe I'll just take more pictures of shoes...

1 comment:

Shannon said...

The easiest way to blog in my opinion is to take pictures. That way it takes up a lot of space and you have something to talk about. It's also still very inviting to look at. So snap some pictures of the landscaping you told us about! Or take the camera to the office....A day in the life of you via pictures! I'd look at those!