Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I'm Thankful for...: Wednesday Edition

I have had a real lesson in listening this week. Mostly because I've lost my voice. It's starting to come back today, but still not enough to yell across the office to ask questions or interrupt people when they're talking....I think John's really enjoying the experience!

It's going to be a very long day....the day before a holiday off work always is!
---------------------------------------------

Today I am thankful for our neighbors, the Millers. John, Jennifer, Jordan, and Jesika. What a difference having wonderful neighbors makes! Sometimes it feels like something out of a 50's sitcom. We borrow ingredients from each other, we help with each others lawns and Christmas lights, we stand in our driveways and talk, we even have a gate in our backyard fence so we can easily move from yard-to-yard when playing with the girls. They bring us cookies all the time, especially at Christmas. When my John is out of town, John next door calls every night to make sure I'm doing ok and check if I need anything. It makes me feel very safe.

They like to tease us....they found this blog, and after I wrote about the spoiled milk in our fridge, a half gallon of fresh milk appeared on my doorstep.

Jordan and Jesika are a lot of fun, too. Mostly because they give my John a hard time, and are always challenging him to basketball tournaments and football games. Seems like every Saturday we hear the doorbell ring and little voices that say "can John come out and play?". Jesika can now ride a two-wheeler, so that's been the focus of the last several days.

We have found more than just neighbors, we have found friends and I'm very thankful for such great people just one house away!

No comments: