Friday, November 17, 2006

Back to School...

Today I went back to school. I went to hear a DECA class in Mustang present ideas for a restaurant grand opening, which was a lot of fun. But I have never felt so old. At one point, I had to head down the hallway to the bathroom. Of course, I went between class presentations so I joined several hundred high schoolers switching classes. I suddenly became very aware of the visitors pass stuck on my cardigan, and the loud sound my heels made as I trekked past the lockers and classrooms in my slacks. I felt really out of place among the holey jeans and t-shirts the students were wearing!

But then again, I should have expected the casual wear. When I was in high school we wore pajama pants and overalls to school all the time. Still, I felt very much like a teacher today!

Well, my week is over and I am beyond relieved. I love this time of year, and I love being busy at work. I always say I work better under stress....but I can't believe how much it takes out of me. My plan for the weekend is to sleep as much as possible and avoid e-mail and Power Point at all costs!

No comments: