Saturday, November 18, 2006

Cruisin' to Marriage

You know, there are so many things that happen in the world today that can bring you down. Horrible things happening every day in our own backyard.

But then, something like the TomKat wedding comes along and makes everything in the world seem glamorous, glitzy, and luxurious. I can't think of anything more newsworthy and more exciting than hundreds of photos of Victoria Beckham posing in Rome on her way to the wedding. Or Brooke Shields in the car with really bad lighting. Or Katie Holmes staring out the window of a castle, looking pretty unhappy and forlorn.

Seriously....it's the most newsworthy thing of the day. Well, for me. That's why they create those slideshows of ridiculous paparazzi photos because people like me look at them. I can't wait to see the ceremony photos. As Jenny pointed out several posts ago, it's an addiction. I need a 12-step program for Celeb Gossip obsession.

In other news from around the world (namely Edmond USA) John lit the house up today in Christmas lights. It was the perfect weather to do it, and we're not sure on our plans for the next few weekends. We also brought in all the Christmas decorations (6 boxes total) and the Christmas tree. I think we're going to work on that tomorrow...'tis the season!

How, at 25, do I end up with 6 boxes worth of Christmas decorations? I'm not even sure what all is in there, especially since I end up buying a lot of things on sale after the season. I'm sure 6 boxes is minimal compared to what many people have, but it seems so excessive...I can't wait to see where I put it all!

Other headlines include: Big Lots is closing in Edmond! I'm not a huge Big Lots fan, but every once in a while I can find something....I hear everything in the store is 20% off so grab it while you can.

No comments: