Thursday, November 09, 2006

Don't cry over...spoiled milk



Thanks to my sister, Julia, for being a good sport and taking pictures of all of my shoes last night. Now I have a library I can refer to even when I'm at work and wearing ugly shoes!

I resisted the temptation of posting another picture, that Julia really felt I needed to post. But I have trouble deciding whether it would be more embarrassing to me, or disgusting to everyone else.

Last night Julia went to get a drink out of our fridge. She went for the milk (which expired November 10, so it should not have been bad yet) but it was "bad". So she began looking for other options. And she found another 1/2 gallon of milk in the fridge door.

Well, John and I don't drink milk very often, and you all know how often we cook. We clean out our fridge even less often than we cook. Julia politely, actually rather loudly, declined to drink milk that expired on August 18th. I don't know why. It didn't look too terrible. And I should say that she was the idiot who opened the lid and took a big whiff. HELLO! It expired August 18th....probably doesn't smell too good. Geez, even I know that.

Then she made me take a picture of the carton, but I'm not posting it. That's just gross.

I'm also not apologizing for it. Anytime we use milk, we always look at the expiration date before pouring, because we know it takes us a while to get through even a 1/2 gallon. So it's not like we were ever going to use it. I didn't even know it was there. And I don't see anyone else standing up and volunteering to clean out my fridge, so I'll leave anything I want in there, as long as I want.

So there. If you come to my house and want something to drink, read the expiration date. The only thing that would have been funnier than finding the expired milk was if Julia had tried to drink the expired milk....

In all seriousness, Julia has been a great help this week. Between the shoe fashion parade and bringing cookies to my office to cheer everyone up after this sad week, she's been awesome. It's nice to have her so close...

No comments: