Sunday, November 26, 2006

O Christmas Tree

I took a bit of a Sunday afternoon nap this afternoon. When I woke up, it had started to get dark. Rather than turn on all the lights, I plugged in the Christmas tree. You know what's great about Christmas trees? It doesn't matter how old you are, there is still something magical about it. When a dark room is lit up with twinkling lights and sparkling ornaments, it just makes you feel like a kid again. I feel like munching on sugar cookies, sipping hot chocolate, and waiting for Santa to come.

I have to admit...Christmas seems to come earlier and earlier every year. And it feels like I haven't had time to prepare for this time of year and all the things that come with it. For a while, earlier this month, I even had what you would call a "bah-humbug" kind of attitude. Maybe because we start thinking about Christmas before trick-or-treaters come by...in any case, once the decorations were up, the after-Thanksgiving sales were on, and the baking began, I'm 100% ready. It would be nice to have a little snow to really top it off...I guess we still have 29 days to watch for a winter wonderland.

Not much else going on. Back to work tomorrow, but it's been a nice 4 days off. Off to fix dinner!

No comments: