Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Back in Action

Wow....feel like I can finally update with some substance! Hawaii updates are great, but they were also over a week late and I'm sure you guys are wondering what I do in real life! So here are some random thoughts while I try to download recent pictures...
---------------

This photo is of Faith watching the NFL draft. She is trying to "get" the scroll at the bottom of the screen. She does not like the scroll, nor does she like computer mouse arrows or screen savers. She feels the need to stop them. This was her effort to stop them, though I kept telling her there was no way Malcolm Kelly was going in the first round!

She should listen to her elders.
---------------

It's a problem. I'm hooked on "American Idol" and I want David Cook to come sing me rock songs while I sleep every night. If you have not heard this guy, go to YouTube and check out one of his many great performances, or download them at iTunes. My favorites? Try his versions of "Billie Jean", "Music of the Night", "Hello", and my ALL-TIME FAVORITE "Always Be My Baby".

Seriously, knock your socks off good.

Anyway, I find myself not only watching this show with excitement each week (only on DVR so I can fast forward through boring people like Syesha and Jason), but I read about it. Everytime there is a new "American Idol" article on the internet, I read it.

Where have I been the last few years? What is wrong with me?
---------------

I am so proud of John and his weight loss. As you know, he gave up sweets for the year and is still going strong. He even managed to lose over 4 pounds in Hawaii! He's down 26 pounds and he looks amazing.
--------------

Only 22 days until we leave for vacation again. This time, there will be some relaxing. And eating. pretty sure John will NOT lose over 4 pounds once we get back from the cruise!
--------------

I don't think I've talked about my new favorite blog these days, The Lost Ogle. It was forwarded to me by a co-worker about a month ago and I haven't stopped laughing since. Some posts bring me to tears I laugh so hard.

I have lived in the OKC metro area my whole life, and know pretty much all the personalities in the media that they talk about. It might not be as funny to you if you don't watch local news, listen to The Sports Animal, or know much about OKC. Otherwise it's HILARIOUS!
--------------

This week I will be hosting 7 girls at my house for Book Club (8 if a certain Miss Kendall attends, as she sometimes does). I am so excited to be hosting, yet stressed about dinner and cleaning. But I guess it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter, right? Right. It doesn't matter.

Sorry...have to keep telling myself that. I like clean houses and amazing meals and I don't think it's going to happen this time!

Anyway, we are reading a book called Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. It was my pick, and I was very nervous about it. But I think it's a hilarious, thought-provoking book. I stand behind it, and I'll let you know what the others think.
--------------

No recent dreams with D-List Lifetime celebrities. But, there hasn't been a lot of sleep or dreams to talk about. I need to get over this hump...I'm grumpy when I'm tired and I think John and I would agree we're tired of me being grumpy!
--------------

If I haven't been commenting on your blog lately, please forgive me. It's taken me two days to even work this post up, I still have the wedding post to get ready, and I'm not caught up on my Bloglines!

That's all for now...good to be back!

No comments: