Monday, April 14, 2008

Let's get, like, all political and junk.

Let this be a lesson to you all.  Never jokingly say to anyone, "Hey you should have a guest blogger while you're on vacation!"  Because then you will be asked to do it.  Twice.  Anyway, Emily here....guest blogging for the vacationing Jessica.  I don't know if you listen to talk radio, but if you do, it's sort of like tuning in only to have your favorite host out for the day.  But it's kind of fun writing on someone else's blog because I might write something I wouldn't write on my own.  BOOBIES! Teehee!  Ok, now I have that out of my system.  

I spent some time thinking about what I was going to write about.  Last night, my two kids were both pretty needy and fussy and I was like, "Ok, stop crying already because I HAVE TO THINK OF SOMETHING TO BLOG ABOUT TOMORROW FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY!" But then sometimes, material presents itself.  

Like this little gem from my good friend from The Hills Brody Jenner.  He has entered the political spectrum by throwing his support behind Barack Obama.   Why?  Is it his stance on healthcare? No.  His message of hope and change?  Nay.  Perhaps his unapologetic views on race relations?  Not even.  Brody  likes Obama because, "He's cool."  Oh, and don't forget that he's like, totally, young and stuff.  Which obviously means people would be taking us more seriously in Iraq.  Duh.  Thank you, Brody.  I have been so confused this political season, but now it all seems so clear.  What's next?  Heidi Montag endorsing John McCain?  Oh wait.

To help me decide who I should vote for, I'm hoping for a debate between Brody and Heidi.  I can just see it now, Campbell Brown mediating.  I think it would go something like this:

Campbell Brown:  Mr. Jenner, first question to you.  Sen. Obama's experience has been called into question by his opponents.  What do you say to those who feel that he is not experienced enough to lead our country?  
Brody Jenner:  Ok, Campbell.  I know you're like all "new-sie" and junk but, Obama is, like, really cool.  I mean like totally cool.  Total playa...total playa.  
CB:  Miss Montag, would you like to respond to that? 
Heidi Montag:  Yes, thank you Campbell.  Barack Obama maybe really cool, I'm not saying he's not.  I don't want to cause any drama.  I'm so over drama.  But when I read, "The Secret," ok, actually I didn't read it but I saw an Oprah episode about it, it was talking about being like, all wise and I really think McCain is wise.  I mean like really, really wise.   Really wise.  
CB:  Heidi, much has been made about Senator McCain's support of the Bush tax cuts.  Do you agree with him on this?  
HM: Of course.  Sometimes a cut is needed.  You just need, like, a change or something to make you feel better about yourself.  And I would just like to add that people totally told me not to support the Senator but they also told me Spencer was a loser.  But I like totally looked beyond that to see who he really was.  And that's what I did with McCain.  And that's how I know he's all like wise and stuff.  Like really, really wise.  
CB:  Mr. Jenner, a response?
BJ:  Yeah.  Uh.  I don't know.  I'm just all, whoa and stuff about Obama.  I mean, I guess Hilary would be alright too.  I don't know though.  Whatever is cool with me.  

Yes.  That wold motivate me to vote.  I don't know why neither of them are supporting Hilary.  She seems way more their type:















Plus, I have to wait and see who Lo Bosworth endorses.  

3 comments:

Pam said...

Nice! I like the guest blogging. Maybe you should be a permanent write-in. I'd read! :)

Melanie said...

Hey Emily. I didn't know you were a Hills watcher. SO here is my question to you. I can not put my finger on it, but is it just me or does it look like she has had some sort of surgery done to her face? She just looks different for some reason this year to me. Lips collagenized or something? What is your take? If this were answered for me, life could then continue on. Thank you.

Melanie said...

I am talking about Heidi by the way.