Friday, April 25, 2008

Day Four, 4/15

This was the day John had been looking forward to for months. It was golf day! He had booked a tee time at the Luana Hills Golf Club, a course in a luscious green valley, surrounded by the fluted cliffs. He was also pretty excited that I, inspired by the trip, agreed to drive the cart….my first time on a golf course.

We arrived early, which was good since the course was getting full quickly. I wish I could tell you how well he played, but I’ll let him tell you about that! All I know if he truly played the best round of golf in his life, a 77 (which is a 5 over par for the course). I actually enjoyed my time in the cool breeze and warm sunshine, surrounded by amazing plants, reading my book and goofing around.

After golf, we headed into Honolulu with a mission: find Da Kine Bail Bonds, better known as Dog the Bounty Hunter’s business. Our family is a huge fan, we think they’re hilarious, we were ready to hunt them down. Turns out it’s a little shop on a very busy street. Because it was so busy, we couldn’t stop….just took pictures as we drove by. Upon later inspection of the pictures, we noticed “Gift Shop around corner”, meaning we’d have to go back! Another day. Notice the “Keep Off Ice” sign…

We decided we wanted to have dinner at Benihana’s. They do not have one in OK, and our favorite episode of “The Office” is set at Benihana’s. Since this was obviously a TV-hunting trip, we wanted to top it off. It was a good experience, yummy food, but we were ready to get out of the hustle and expensive bustle of Honolulu. We headed back to Kailua for Cold Stone Creamery (me and Dad) and Starbucks (John).

Then bed…




































1 comment:

Emily said...

My brother in law and I have spent hours talking about whether or not Beth the Bounty Hunter's wife's boobs are real.