Saturday, June 30, 2007

Couch Potato

Today is like the best day ever. I woke up around 7:30 a.m. (sounds bad, but it wasn't). I closed the bedroom door so John wouldn't wake up. Then I had two bowls of Cheerio's with honey on top, and proceeded to watch HOURS of television. I got caught up on "Traveler" and "Studio 60" that I haven't seen in weeks, and even watched that final episode of "CSI: Miami". Then John got up and we went to Jimmy's Egg and had waffles.

Then, guess what I did? I came home, and watched more TV! And this was all before I even read Emily's post that called for me to be on her Pop Culture team for my TV knowledge. It's been the best day. After getting home Thursday night and getting in bed around 4:30 a.m. (making me officially awake for 24 hours) and after several weekends of company, it was nice to have a Saturday to do absolutely nothing.

Now I'm flipping back and forth between "The Firm" and "A Few Good Men" (nothing like Tom Cruise in the early 90s). We're supposed to go to Norman tonight for Brooke's birthday, but I'm not sure I'll make it.

Hey, don't judge me. It's not like I can go play outside, since it's a swamp out there! This is, what, the 17th straight day of rain?

Hey--does anyone want to go to Crossroads with me to visit Steve and Barry's and check out Sarah Jessica Parker's new clothing line? Everything under $20....can't beat it!

2 comments:

Julia said...

I just watched the season finale of CSI (not Miami) yesterday. Did you watch that one?! Because I am shocked and angry at the "to be continued" stunt they pulled!!

And I'll go to Steve and Barry's! Although, I've already got some cute stuff from there! :)

P.S. We need to talk about Monday! I'm very excited! I'll call you tomorrow! (Or today, I suppose, as it's 4am!)

not so zen momma said...

I'm glad you made it to my b-day! I'll go to Steve and Barry's, but I'll ask my criminal husband for some heat to protect us in Crossroads.