Friday, June 13, 2008

Going to the Chapel

Today I spent the morning with my best friend, Melissa, looking at a chapel for her wedding next summer. I had so, so, so much fun looking at the chapel, the reception options, flowers, thinking through a wedding party arrangement, talking about music.

She came back to my house and tried on my veil for comparison. A few weeks ago I helped her pick out her dress. I'd forgotten just how fun and exciting weddings are! You kind of go through phases in your life where it's all about prom...then all about graduation...then all of a sudden it's a wedding every weekend...then, of course, it's baby showers every weekend. I kind of moved out of wedding season a few years ago and it's so much fun to be back!

I'll be the maid (matron?) of honor in her wedding, so there will be showers and bachelorette parties to plan, hair appointments to make, dresses to get altered. I'm so honored to be a part of her day...by the time she gets married it will be TEN years in the making for her! I have pictures of her and Eric (her fiance) on one of their early dates in 1999 when we all went to prom together.

We have been friends since we were 15 and choir nerds. I have several pictures of us from high school, but this is the only one scanned in, from her graduation in 2000. Our heads are kind of cut off...sorry.

I love knowing her. We have been through A LOT together and there's no one I've met that I can be as open and honest with as I can with her. She knows me better than most, and she is a great friend.

I can't wait for her to get married, but in the meantime I'm blessed to have a friendship of 11 years!


No comments: