Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hiatus

Even though I posted on Friday, I still feel like I've been away for a long time. I've actually been pretty distant from my computer this week. It sat on the floor of my bedroom and I didn't move it until tonight. If I checked e-mail, I had to lean down or sit on the floor to check. It made it pretty easy to stay away!

I finished up my 2007 vacation days starting on Friday, December 21st. Tomorrow I go back to work for the first time in over a week. I'm ready to have a reason to get up and do something during the day...but it has been an incredibly relaxing time for me. I always try to save several vacation days for this time of year. It's a time when I am home by myself during the days and can do whatever I want. I also have a new tradition of seeing movies by myself and I LOVE doing that!

My time off this past week has included (in no particular order):

-Seeing three movies in the theatre (P.S. I Love You, Charlie Wilson's War, The Great Debaters)
-I cleaned my closet out to make room for new clothes
-Spending Christmas Day with lots of family
-Shopping for last minute gifts
-Playing with my new camera and TomTom GPS system
-Hosting family dinner at our house for 10 people (don't worry, I ordered in)
-Watching many episodes of Full House
-And various other things
-Opening lots of presents
-Putting away all our Christmas decorations
-Spending time with my husband with very few fights (relaxation does that to you)
-Crying when my sister gave me the perfect gift: Celine Dion concert tickets (I don't care that it's cheesy....it was on my list of things to do before I die)
-Marveling at all the gift cards and then decided I'd rather lay in bed than go spend them
-Getting inseminated
-Sleeping...a LOT
-Meeting Friday Play Date in-person
-Opening up our guest bathroom to poor, waterless Blais family (be watching for a hilarious update on their very unhilarious situation)
-Getting through several episodes of "My So-Called Life"
-Loving my husband for his patience and understanding while I was trying to relax
-Eating the best dessert EVER, the White Chocolate Molten Cake at Chili's
-Eating lots of other deliciousness
-Cleaning
-Ignoring the phone and internet
-Loving being lazy for days in a row but realized staying at home is not for me!

Oh, and my mom got engaged on Christmas Eve! Very excited for her and Bill....she deserves every happiness.

So....that's the excitement! I'm still messing with the camera, but one of my resolutions in 2008 (I'll post them all tomorrow) is to take more pictures and try to post pictures every week.

That's where I've been....but I'm back to work tomorrow and back to being up-to-speed on all things blog-related.

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

I'm VERY jealous of the Celine Dion tickets! I'm a big Celine fan and Josh makes fun of me for that...and yet he bought me her new CD for Christmas! What a wonderful gift from your sis!!

How exciting for your mom, too! What an eventful holiday for you guys!!

not so zen momma said...

Give our congrats to your mom! And, I'm waiting for an invitation to Chili's, so I too, can enjoy the white chocolate molten cake!

Emily said...

I love seeing movies by myself! I discovered that after Cason was born. But I have to disagree on the White Chocolate Cake. My philosophy has always been the darker, the better.

Jessica said...

In ALL other instances, Emily, I would agree.

But not this time. It is, in fact, the best dessert ever. EVER.

Brooke, we can go to lunch every day this week if you want. And dinner. In fact--let's go before Liz's party tonight!