Saturday, December 01, 2007

December 1st

On this first day of December, John and I ventured out to do some Christmas shopping. And it was busy and crowded and hot and busy and a took more than a little maneuvering to get through it....and I loved it.

Maybe because it was cold and rainy and felt like a December day. Maybe because I hadn't done much shopping at all. Maybe it was because it's FINALLY December and I don't feel so bad about focusing on Christmas. But I loved it and I could have gone to a million other places and been just fine.

We got a few decorations, but no gifts this time. We only have about 5 people left to buy for, so that's exciting.

AND, since it's the first day of December we got to open our advent calendars and eat chocolate!! It's my favorite part of early Christmas season....we've had true advent calendars from Germany since I was a little girl.

So, Merry December 1st. Settle in to ABC Family for a Christmas movie every night in their "25 Days of Christmas" celebration.

This Christmas will be a Christmas to Remember!!

No comments: