Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Loot

I can't believe Christmas is over. Even more depressing...I can't believe my vacation is 15 hours from being over. Sigh...I'm ready to get back, but it's always nice having the day to get stuff done and bum around. I'm looking for a career change...I think I'm going to look into Professional Shopper and TV Watcher. I would excel...although, I'm pretty sure I would be bored after a while. Good thing I have a great job to go back to!

Christmas has been wonderful this year. I am so thankful my grandparents and my aunt were able to come. They come down every year for Christmas, but this year we were afraid they might have to stay home. Lots of surgeries and illnesses have made for a difficult for them to get around, but they came and made Christmas perfect once again.

And once again, we were well taken care of as far as "the goods" go. All I really wanted was a set of iPod speakers and a Coach purse--I've attached pictures below of the perfect gifts!

We spent the morning at my mom's, then headed over to John's parents for the afternoon. We ate a lot, and got lots of good presents...we're so lucky to be able to spend the day with both families. Plus, it was the year of the handbags for me, as Nina gave me a beautiful Dooney and Bourke bag. I usually don't carry purses that cost more than $15 so these bags will prove to be a major step up!

Anyway--it was a great year. Hit some good sales on the 26th and got some really cute brown boots. Then, today with the family headed home and most friends back at work I went it alone. I went to the mall to do a deep dive into shopping, and decided I really wanted to see a movie. So, I went by myself to see "The Holiday". I've never been to a movie by myself before, and I was very nervous about how it would go. But it was great! I liked having the time to myself, and I didn't have to feel bad about the movie choice (too chick-flicky for John or too vulgar for friends or not artsy enough for my sister, etc.).

I enjoyed the whole experience so much that I decided to treat myself to even more...so I went and spent an incredible amount of money and gift cards on make-up at Dillard's. Now that I think about it, it's probably best I head back to work tomorrow. Any more treating myself and we'll be broke!
















The Coach purse!!















My sister, Julia got a new camera for Christmas...















John helped play "Santa" at my mom's, handing out gifts.















The iPod speakers! Cleaning the house will never be the same.















Aunt Linda and my mom opening gifts...
















Grandma, Grandpa and John digging in!

No comments: