Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas! Now, let me probe your cervix...

Merry Christmas Eve!

Since John and I put up our tree well over a month ago, we've been waiting for this night for a while. I agree with John that this year has lost a lot of it's luster. Perhaps because Target and Wal-Mart are already selling out of their Valentine's stock. Or maybe because I stressed myself out about presents. Maybe because we've had ice storms and animal deaths and large doctors bills to cover our first attempt at intrauterine insemination (IUI) with no positive results that's brought the holiday spirit to all-time lows.

But, hey, that's ok. Because there's nothing like spending Christmas morning with your doctor instead of your family, with a nice ultrasound wand and a spirited shot in the rear! That's right--we have an early morning ultrasound appointment on Christmas day. It's the first step into our second attempt at an IUI. They'll check to see if everything looks good, give me a shot, and if all is well we'll go back in on Wednesday for the procedure. Hopefully this is NOT our new Christmas tradition.

I could tell you a lot about the last attempt and the roller coaster we've been on since switching doctors in October. But it doesn't matter and I've actually been too busy to dwell on it. Suffice to say we know we're at the right place, and we just pray now that it works for us. Do I believe it will? Not really...my level of hope is pretty low. That doesn't mean it won't happen...but it seems at this point no amount of positive thinking or prayer works. I have my fingers crossed that I'll be proved wrong!
----------------

On a more positive note--Christmas is in full bloom! My grandparents and aunt are in town, so it's been a busy few days running around with them and enjoying their company. Our day is jam packed tomorrow with lots of love and family and plenty of presents! It's been fun to do last minute shopping, actually!

I attended a mere 3 parties this year. But I had a fabulous party outfit that was an early present from my aunt, courtesy of the White House/Black Market.

We've taken several friends and family for a "Holiday Lights" tour around Edmond and OKC. Our favorite stops include a huge house fully Griswold-ed out in Edmond, down to the end of every single branch on every tree. It's beautiful! Our other favorite--a spirited house that has it's own radio signal and dances to Christmas music! I highly recommend that house in Mesta Park neighborhood of OKC.

Well, I'd better get to bed. Merry Christmas Eve! Despite my sarcastic tone, I am filled with the Christmas spirit and ready for some fun, relaxing, Santa-filled family time!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Glad you are giving us the opportunity to pray for your procedure on Wed morning. I can't imagine the roller coaster you both have been on. I have told you before.... I know you will be parents, I just know it. And great ones at that! Thanks for opening up this part of your lives with us and letting us pray for you. Merry Christmas!

Melanie said...

Good luck with your doctors appointments. I hope things start looking up for you! We will continue to pray

Elizabeth said...

I hope that us showing up on your doorstep at 7:30 in the morning to take a shower is also not a new Christmas Day tradition. It definitly has been the weirdest Christmas ever. But in weird, comes miracles. You just have to BELIEVE! Love you!