Friday, September 05, 2008

Just like old times

I may have mentioned one or a thousand times I'm a bit of an OU Sooner fan. I'm a proud alumni, and while I believe my education is reason enough to be proud the main reason I loved college is because of autumn days spent at Owen Field.

Every Saturday my friends and I would get together, head over to the stadium two hours before the game started and claim our student seats. On average, about 3 tickets sold for every seat in the stadium. So we would stand.

It is absolutely the most fun...I have sat on the other side of that field with the donors and it is not anything like sitting among the students. The energy, the high-fives, the closeness of complete strangers. Awesome.

Tomorrow I will be heading down to Norman to go to the game...and sit in the student section! And the best part is I get to go with one of my favorite fellow Sooner fans. My lovely friend and former roommate, Laura. This picture is of us in 2001 or 2002. It must have been in November, because we're both wearing long sleeves which will NOT be happening tomorrow.

I hope to have a similar picture taken tomorrow. We're three graduations, two marriages, one baby girl, and a lifetime away from this picture but I can't imagine anyone I'd rather be there with.

Boomer Sooner!

1 comment:

Cary said...

Jealous.

I do get to go to K-State games, which are great, but it's just not the same.

See you at homecoming?