Tuesday, September 02, 2008

ABBA interview

So, I'm in West Virginia this week. My flights (including a connection in Atlanta) were all on-time and without incident. Which means I'll probably take 10 days to get home.

Once I landed in Charleston, I rented a car. Because the resort our meeting is at is around 90 miles away. Gosh, that's been fun...we all know how well I drive my own car in my own city. I run over people, literally.

After renting the car (a Kia Serento with cigarette burns in the seat and no cruise control) I headed to my first stop in Charleston to interview two people for a position in our office out here. Best part of my day was trying to ask serious interview questions over the VERY loud ABBA music being blared from the office next door to the conference room. Oh, and the VERY loud off-key singer singing along to the VERY loud ABBA.

"So, tell me about a time you had a personality conflict with someone you worked with and how you overcame it?"

"Well...blahblahblahblah."

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that? All I can hear is Dancing Queen."

YOU try focusing on what someone is saying with that song playing. Seriously, try it. You can't even read this post without getting distracted by it!

Then I finished up the two interviews and headed out to my meeting destination. 90 miles is about the distance between OKC and Tulsa....which takes about an hour and 20 minutes.

It took me over 2 hours because I got WAY lost. Very lost, driving around in circles lost. Granted I was lost in beautiful scenery, but still lost. But no fear, I didn't freak out! Well, maybe to John (what do I do, Honey? Help me!).

Anyway...I'm here, and going to bed. Just had to share the story about ABBA...too funny!

4 comments:

Cary said...

I'm sorry I couldn't read the rest of your post because all I could think about was Dancing Queen.

Emily said...

That reminds of me of that commercial where the guy is interviewing for a job and the guy he's talking to can't hear him because the stain on his shirt is talking so loud.

And I, for one, think you're an impeccable driver.

not so zen momma said...

I would like you to know that I've been singing dancing queen ever since I read your post this morning.

And I, for one, was in the car when you ran over Liz's foot. That was funny (after we found out she wasn't hurt).

Elizabeth said...

Emily,
That would be because you've never actually been run over by the "impeccable driver."
Jessica's no longer allowed to drive if I'm wearing flip flops.