Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back on the Road: First trip of 2008

Last Friday I got the last-minute news that I was traveling to LA for a meeting this week. I got very excited, because despite missing my family and hating cab rides and layovers and crazy airports and hotels, I've been bitten by the travel bug.

This is not to say I want to be gone as much as I was last year, at least not consecutively. And it doesn't mean that I don't feel like I'm missing out on things back home. But professionally, I'm at my best when I travel. And after having some extended time without travel and a slow holiday season I was ready to pack a suitcase.

I'm in LA now, no plane or airport problems. And I will be here less than 24 hours total. But as excited as I was all weekend to leave, the second I got through security in OKC I was ready to come back home. Because when you travel all the time you realize: there is no better feeling than going home.

No comments: