Monday, November 26, 2007

Where did Turkey Day go?

Some quick glances into my Thanksgiving weekend:

I did not participate in the Black Friday morning madness. I did, however, hit the Battlefield Mall in Springfield that afternoon where I found quite a few deals. For myself. That someone else bought me for Christmas presents. I bask in my own awesomeness.
------------------------------------

Apparently, passengers in vehicles pulled over in Missouri are just as responsible for speeding offenses as the drivers are. John was pulled over on Thursday (yes Thanksgiving) night, about 500 feet from our exit directly into Springfield, which would have meant out of the 300-or-so miles we traveled John was pulled over 4 miles before we arrived.

Anyway...so the highway patrol officer comes up and tells John he clocked him going 77 in a 60. John fumbled around the lame excuse of "I don't live here" and then the officer referred to at least 4 signs within the previous two miles indicating a change in speed. THEN proceeds to ask my mom (in the backseat) and me (in the driver's seat) why we didn't pay attention and alert John to the change! I really thought for a moment all 3 of us were going to get tickets!

So, Merry Christmas to me....John will be contributing my Christmas present to paving Missouri roads.
---------------------------

We decorated the house on Sunday after an early morning trip home. I even got ornaments on the tree, and that's not my favorite thing to do. The house looks beautiful, if I do say so myself. Still a few things to get to complete the new house look....but I like it. I especially love having a mantle this year!

We celebrated by watching "Christmas Vacation" with the commentary on and finally (FINALLY!) learned who the person on the cover of "People" magazine is when Chevy Chase is reading it in bed...you know, with all the sap on his fingers....if you're a "Vacation" fan, you'd understand the momentous revelation this really is.
----------------------------

Thanks (or not) to Aubrey for introducing me to the new Hershey's Milk Chocolate Mint miniature bars. As if Reese's Trees and candy canes weren't enough this holiday I now have another candy to devour while watching Christmas movies every night for the next 29 days.

Also, John made Trash yesterday (party mix) and I can't help myself. This is why I don't keep bags of Double Stuff Oreo's in my house....because suddenly I look up and my plate is empty and my scale says "hello 8 pounds"!
----------------------------

Speaking of weight....no more Weight Watchers for the rest of the year. Too much disappointment in myself. AND....I gave up my ban on pre-meal bread. Why didn't any of you tell me how stupid that was?!
---------------------------

I finished my book club book. Ok, ok...never judge a book by it's cover. If you want a GREAT read you can't put down, a good ghost story, and something that makes you think....get "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield. I promise after the first couple of chapters it gets gooooooooood....
----------------------------

Other than that, I slept, watched football (Go Sooners!), did not get on the computer, read magazines and books, and just enjoyed a stress-free holiday weekend. And ate turkey dinner at Steak and Ale. Not as bad as it sounds...

No comments: