Friday, September 08, 2006

Since I am not exciting enough to warrant an entire blog, I'll enlighten you with some very random thoughts...

I promise I'll post pictures as soon as I can from vacation....they're ready, it's just that John's computer isn't cooperating. We really need a new home computer! 8 weeks and counting without the iPod.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

So....how about the Crocodile Hunter? We were a little out of it (no cable or internet for vacation), so I just heard last night. How weird is it that he died. But I guess if you think about it, he probably wouldn't have wanted to go any other way. Weird.
------------------------------------------------------------

I never mentioned the party I went to a few weeks ago. A friend of mine held a Homemade Gourmet party at her house...except it wasn't a normal "let me show you the stuff and demonstrate it and then you buy it" kind of home show. It was a meal-making party! It was so neat--you brought your own meat and a couple of bucks and then they had everything else there for you to season and prepare the meat. So, you basically went home with 5 (in my case 10 because there's only 2 of us) meals, all ready to prepare PLUS the recipes. Can't beat that. It was a nice change to the normal home shows I usually get invited to.

Maybe I'll have one at my house one day. I'm still trying to recover from the Pampered Chef party I hosted a few months ago.....it was great, but a lot of people! If you're interested in having a Meal Making party for your friends, let me know and I'll get you in contact with a great hostess!
--------------------------------------------------

I'm headed to Tulsa tonight with a few girlfriends. All girls, all weekend, no kids! I know they will enjoy the rest and girl time, so I'm excited for them. And excited to get away with friends for a while.

While the rest of them are shopping all day Saturday, I will be headed south to Dallas. It's going to be great...the agency's 25th Anniversary Party! All the employees from across the U.S. will be there, and we're going to have a huge dinner and a "roast" of the owner. I'll get to spend time with some of my friends in other cities, and introduce John to the party that is my place of work! One thing is for sure--everyone there knows how to party! I'll update you after the big event...
-------------------------------------------------------

Guess what? Season premieres begin next week!!! Actually, one of my shows started this week, so I'm already on the bandwagon. My DVR is hungry to begin recording. I love this time of year!
-------------------------------------------------------

I am trying to figure out how chocolate can be beneficial to your health, since I eat it all the time. Would milk chocolate be considered a source of calcium? Even a small source of calcium? I'm dead serious...
-----------------------------------------------------------

John's birthday was yesterday. His very first 29th birthday. From here on, every time he "turns 29" know that he's lying!

No comments: