Monday, September 11, 2006

Party in Dallas


I have another goal in life--to take more pictures. But I left the camera in the car on Saturday, so I don't have any pics of the night's events! But I'm slowly getting a few sent from my colleagues. Here are the first of several photos from Saturday night. That's me with John, then my friend Vicky that works in the Dallas office. Yes, I'm wearing glasses--but there were over 800 people at the party, with nametags and I couldn't see a thing! So I stuck them on. Not very "black tie chic" as the dresscode suggested, but at least I could see!

It was an amazing event. We had a lot of fun, even for a "company event". The owner of our company wears white all the time. So, since he was in all white, as usual, the rest of us wore all black. That was the best part--seeing everyone in all black and looking very chic.

The party was mostly a "roast" of the owner. And there was quite an agenda of roasters, by the way. Including the President of Texas Rangers baseball and COO of our major restaurant client. It was pretty funny all around. Lots of "Elvis called and wants his suit back" jokes and lots of jokes about the owner's long, gray ponytail. Quite a party, and I'm pretty sure by the time it was over and the band was playing everyone was having a good time. By then, the free drinks had been coming for 5 hours and if you know advertising people then you know they don't pass on free drinks. This was really the perfect time to pass on free drinks, from my standpoint, because that way I could make mental notes of all the funny stuff everyone was doing!

Anyway, that was ourevening. Free trip to Dallas, free night in a REALLY nice hotel, and fun with friends from across the country, who have always just been voices and e-mail addresses. We should have this kind of party every year!

No comments: