Monday, September 25, 2006

I've got confidence...I think...

Have you ever had one of those days where you're just "on". I mean, everything makes sense, you sound intelligent in all your conversations, you actually provide perspective dialogue? I'm having one of those days.

I've had several meetings today where I have almost an out-of-body experience. I can watch myself talking and I realize "wow, that was authoritative" or "great perspective". I don't know....sounds strange. But I've been to two meetings today where people were taking notes while I was talking...usually I feel like I am talking to a wall. It gives me a lot of confidence. In fact, because of the confidence I got from those conversations, I ended up doing several things I'd been putting off (you know, the phone calls you don't want to make or the presentations you don't want to put together). I wish I felt as smart and experienced every day. I'm actually pretty good at my job--I just don't always feel like it!

Anyway, had a great weekend. Caught up on the DVR, which is always good. Take it from me-- watch "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip". It's my new fave of the season.

Love the jeans, but if you're headed to the Gap to get your own pair I have another word of advice. They must be running very big this season, so try on two sizes down from what you normally do. Trust me--you never know. I could almost use a size smaller.

Loved the game this weekend. I remember when we used to have scores like that playing Texas and Nebraska. Those were the good ol' days....back when I walked barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways to a stadium with no upper deck on the east side. HA!

I totally think we can beat Texas. I'm not kidding--not only CAN we beat Texas, but we WILL beat Texas. We watched the game this weekend at Buffalo Wild Wings, and it was a good thing we got there an hour early. I've never seen anything like it--they had security set up and a line like we were in "Night at the Roxbury" or something. We stayed the entire game, which probably made the people in line irritated. But it was a lot of fun, and apparently it's the happening spot.

All for now...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I LOVE Studio 60! It's one of my new favorites too! I'm just afraid that the new cw cancelled Related.

Jenny said...

Sorry you fell off my blog list! I don't know how that happened? I have happily added you back;) Good to see you on Monday!!