Thursday, September 21, 2006

Buyers Remorse...or not

So remember a few weeks ago when I posted about the perfect jeans?

Well, I found them last night. And I bought them. And I've left the tags on because I spent more money than I can imagine spending on jeans. Well, let's be honest--more money than I can imagine spending on any article of clothing, except maybe a wedding dress.

So, I'm thinking I might take them back. I'm breaking out into hives just thinking about the price.

Here's the real kicker. Girls will understand why I bought them after I tell you this. I'm trying the jeans on, trying to find the perfect fit when the sales girl tells me: "you need a smaller size. Those are too big for you".

WHAT? Excuse me? I haven't fit into that size since middle school. Maybe. Maybe I never fit into that size. I jumped from baby to woman in a matter of days in 8th grade, so I may never have fit into that size.

So, who am I to argue....I try them on. And they not only fit, they fit like they were made for me and me alone. Like the Gap came to my house and custom tailored the denim. They were perfect. And the size on the label made me want to cry. Mostly because I know they must just run big, I', not actually that size but that is beside the point.

So my question is: Is it worth it to buy a pair of jeans that cost an exorbitant amount of money, that fit you perfectly, when your old perfect jeans just bit the dust?

I'll leave the labels on for a little longer while I ponder.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Rip the tags off and enjoy them!
Carpe Diem!

Nina said...

Put 'em on! I want to see 'em. Since I'll never wear a 2, I want you to wear one! :)

Susan said...

You are obligated to tell us the brand and style. Please.

Especially since I KNOW you bought them here in OKC and I need me some nice jeans. Pronto!

Jessica said...

I bought them at the Gap at Quail Springs. They are Long and Leans. The reason I like them is because they have a slight flare at the bottom, and they sit just right on the waist--not so low that you can't bend over without flashing some plumbers butt, but not so high that they bear into your belly button either.

Word of advice--try on a size smaller than normal. The sales girl said Long and Leans are running about a size too big this year in general, so try on a smaller size. This also helps if you have short legs, like me. Ankle length is too short, but regular length was too long. But a size smaller makes the length on a regular just right. And who doesn't like to bring home a pair of jeans with a smaller size on them?

Good luck in the jeans search! I've been looking for the perfect pair for a while now...