Friday, September 15, 2006

A few more favorite things...

I have a new favorite thing: breakfast with John.

Recently, John and I have gone to breakfast before work together. Nothing fancy like IHOP (haha) just a little trip to Daylight Donuts, where we spend at least $3.00 so we can pay with a debit card. Then we sit and chat and head to work together. I know it's simple and doesn't seem like a big deal--but it's an awfully nice way to start our day! Plus, it gives me great pleasure to wake John up extra early to eat with me!

I am headed to Tulsa this weekend. For the whole weekend. Yes, we'll be working from about 5:30 a.m. tomorrow until about 10pm on Sunday. Sigh....I've been dreading this weekend for a while. Now I just have to muddle through, make it a great event and then come home and sleep!

Congratulations to John's parents, who announced last night they are officially debt-free. And I mean, debt-free--no car payments AND they made their last house payment!! They were kind enough to celebrate with the whole family last night by taking us out for steak and French Silk Pie. I think it's awesome--they've worked hard for many years to pay those things off! Congratulations!

Have a great weekend....

No comments: