Monday, September 17, 2007

What's on YOUR iPod?

Despite what it may seem like, I was working on this post long before Pam posted her iPod list. I promise!

I'm taking it a step further. It's not just what's on my iPod....it's WHY it's on there. I couldn't list everything on there (over 2,500 songs and an entire season of CSI among other things). But I can tell you a few of the 48 songs on my "Current Favorites" list, and why they are on there. With music--it's about a catchphrase. It's usually one verse, one chorus, one theme that grabs me. Here are a few:

"No one else can speak the words on your lips
....live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten"
-Unwritten, Natasha Bedingfield
------------------
"We've got to hold on to what we got
It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not
We got each other and that's a lot"
-Livin' on a Prayer, Bon Jovi
------------------------
"If I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?"
-Chasing Cars, Snow Patrol
-------------------------
Every line in the song "Rockstar" by Nickelback. I would have to type the whole song out....it's hilarious! "I'll have the quesadillas"
---------------------
"Welcome to wherever you are--this is your life, you've made it this far.
Welcome, you gotta believe--that right here, right now you're exactly where you're supposed to be"
-Welcome to Wherever You Are, Bon Jovi
The whole song is good....especially for those of us lost and confused about our place in life!
------------------
"Cause it's frightening to be swimming in this strange sea, but I'd rather be here than on land"
-Out of My League, Stephen Speaks
-----------------
"Hey there, Delilah, what's it like in New York City?
You're a thousand miles away, but, girl, tonight you look so pretty yes you do;
Times Square can't shine as bright as you"
-Hey There Delilah, Plain White Tees
------------------
"You're the swimming pool on an August day, you're the perfect thing to say"
-Everything, Michael Buble
---------------
"There are two roads to walk down and one road to choose"
-Thinking Over, Dana Glover
--------------
"If I could escape and recreate a place that's my own world"
-Sweet Escape, Gwen Stefani
--------------
"I wanna feel something sweeter than this sin
.....I've been everybody else, now I want to be something closer to myself"
-Closer to Myself, Kendall Payne
---------------
"You're still the one that makes me laugh, still the one that's my better half"
-Still the One, Orleans
-------------
"Watching all my dreams come true, lost in this moment with you"
-Lost in the Moment, Big and Rich
-------------
"[I hope] you find God's grace in every mistake, and always give more than you take"
-My Wish, Rascal Flatts
------------
"So you wanna change the world--what are you waiting for?"
-What Are You Waiting For, Natalie Grant
-------------------
"We see everything that's going wrong with the world and those who lead it,
We just feel like we don't have the means to rise above and beat it"
-Waiting on the World to Change, John Mayer
----------------
"When push comes to shove, you taste what you're made of;
You might bend 'til you break, cause it's all you can take;
On your knees you look up, decide you've had enough;
You get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands, shake it off--then you stand"
-Stand, Rascal Flatts
--------------
"I wanna be the hand that lifts your veil"
-Your Everything, Keith Urban
(I still think this is the romantic verse of any song I've ever heard--it's why I wore a veil over my face on my wedding day. So John could lift it.)
--------------
"Every day I find another reason, every season we go through,
Every little thing you do--that's when I love you"
-That's When I Love You, Phil Vassar
-------------
"I'm losing you and it's effortless"
-Over My Head, The Fray
--------------
"Take all your big plans and break them, this is bound to be a while"
-Your Body is a Wonderland, John Mayer
--------------
"I'm not sure why I called, I guess I really just wanted to talk to you"
-I'd Really Love to See You Tonight, England Dan and John Ford Coley
-----------
"So when I make a big mistake, when I fall flat on my face, I know I'll be all right"
-Who I Am, Jessica Andrews
-----------
"Myself and I--we've got some straightening out to do"
-Big Girls Don't Cry, Fergie
----------
"Another aero-plane, another sunny place--I'm lucky, I know.
But I wanna go Home"
-Home, Michael Buble
(my theme song, lately!)
------------
"There were hard times I know I survived, just because you stayed by my side"
-I Will Be There For You, Jessica Andrews

Anyway...there ya go. I'd recommend any and all, and more. I have a GREAT Current Faves list, and a GREAT workout list.

When I pick a song, I just like to think about WHY I picked it. What's on your iPod? Better yet....why is it on there?

4 comments:

Audrey said...

I'm sad to say that all that I ever listen to on my Ipod is kids songs. You see, when your cd player in the car is broken this is your option. So its, Little Einsteins, Diego, Blues Clues, Sesame Street. BORING!

Emily said...

We have many of the same favs...I am totally loving that Stephen Speaks song right now too! I will have to agree with Audrey too...I have many Baby Einstein videos on the ol' iPOD.

Jessica said...

Not boring...educational!

Or something like that...isn't it crazy you can carry around TV shows on that little ol' iPod?

Julia said...

Michael!!

I love that line in Over My Head, too!