Sunday, March 11, 2007

Homeless

Well, it's official: we sold our house!!!

We are overwhelmed and so thankful. We were just commenting this weekend that TWO houses on our street went up for sale, making the total number of houses for sale in our neighborhood close to 30. We were not only competing with houses for sale by existing owners, but also with brand new houses sitting empty and waiting for new owners and houses being built. It's been a long road (we put it up for sale the week of Thanksgiving), but we just needed a little sunshine and warm weather. And a lot of luck...

Of course, we haven't closed so we still have inspections and appraisals and such to get through. So keep your fingers crossed that all works out. The house is only a year and a half old, so there shouldn't be any problems!

Oh wait....I forgot to mention that we have to be out of here by the end of March. YIKES! That's less than three weeks! We can totally pack and get out of here in that time (we have a lot of stuff but not THAT much) but we have to do this other little thing of finding a place to go. We were ready to make an offer on a house tonight that I've been keeping my eye on for 6 weeks...and, of course, it sold LAST NIGHT. I am really bummed...but we'll find something.

I'm just worried now about where we're going to go between the time we move out and the time we can find and close on another house. We've had a couple of people say "feel free to stay with us", but you know how that is. We'd rather just find a house!

It's a good problem to have, especially after three ice storms and four months on the market.

So, that is our weekend in a nutshell. I will try to keep everyone updated during our frenzied search....but forgive me if the blog doesn't stay too updated. I'll be too busy packing boxes!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hooray! I'm so happy to hear that!

And I have a totally cute house that you're welcome to buy . . .