Saturday, February 03, 2007

Feel Good Movies

You know the type...those movies that make you smile, make you laugh, leave you feeling a little happier than before you watched them. Today, TBS (which ALWAYS plays good movies) is playing two of the best..."Father of the Bride" and "Father of the Bride, Part 2". I don't care how often I see those two movies, they make me laugh every time. I just love them.

I was trying to think of some other "feel good movies". Let's see if I can make it through a top 10 list (no particular order...just as they come to me):

1. Father of the Bride/FOTB Pt. 2
2. My Best Friend's Wedding
3. When Harry Met Sally
4. The American President
5. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
6. Meet the Parents
7. Sixteen Candles
8. The Wedding Singer
9. Christmas with the Krank's
10. While You Were Sleeping (and I'll throw in "You've Got Mail", too)

I think these are 10 (12) movies John and I will always be able to sit down and watch together, which is rare. Makes me wonder why we waste our time with dirty comedies, depressing dramas, and heart-racing horrors. Steve Martin, Meg Ryan, Tom Hanks, and Julia Roberts are almost ALWAYS safe bets...

No comments: