Monday, February 26, 2007

And the Oscar goes to...

Thoughts from the Oscars...

I just love Ellen Degeneres. She is so fun and refreshing and just seems like someone you'd want to be friends with. Plus, she dances just like I do at home...dorky. I hope she doesn't end up like Rosie O'Donnell. You know, I really loved Rosie when she had her talk show and seemed like the Queen of Nice and such an uplifting person. Then she got all weird and mean and gross....I hope Ellen just stays fun.

Plus, I have to say it, her girlfriend Portia de Rossi is BEAUTIFUL!

Did anyone else think Reese Witherspoon looked coked out?

Seriously, how beautiful is Jennifer Lopez? She is just beautiful. And she always has the best gowns at award shows. I don't know that I would wear her everyday clothes, but her gowns are beautiful.

And my last fashion comment...Celine Dion's dress when she was singing on stage was gorgeous. I wish I could find a picture of it (it wasn't the one she arrived in). Although it looked like she had just come from getting a face lift...

How annoying was the whole Al Gore thing? I haven't seen the movie, so I'm not criticizing that. But everyone kept making jokes about how he was elected President...blah...blah...blah. Hello, that was 7 years ago. I think it's time to move on, especially since we've had another election since then. Get over it!

I think the length of the show is out of control. I was asleep a little after 10:00, so I missed most of the major awards. I'm not saying don't honor the people who work hard (sound, costume, etc.) but I think they need to figure something out that cuts down on the time.
-------------------------------

I made a little trip to the Coco Flow Cafe today. Actually, that link is more about chocolate fountain rentals than about the cafe. But it was a lovely (albeit expensive) little coffee shop that just happens to serve giant (albeit expensive) truffles. I got a peanut butter chocolate truffle and a Frozen Hot Chocolate beverage treat. Plus it has free wireless internet and is not far from my office. I may just have to take a working break some days!

Ok...I guess that's it for a Monday. As you can see, I've been catching up on the Oscars on my lunch break!

No comments: