Thursday, January 11, 2007

What's Your Sign?

I had a really nice cab ride to the airport this morning. Great cab driver. His name was Davon, he's originally from Washington D.C. Came to Los Angeles because he majored in film in college. Then he got married and had a kid, the film thing wasn't taking off like he hoped so he started driving a cab.

Unfortunately he's going through a divorce. But this cab thing is a great way to meet people, apparently. Then the conversation began to take a turn for the weird:

"I get to meet people and have great conversations, just like the one I'm having with you."

"I bet....what interesting experiences you must have."

"Yeah...this has been great. So, what's your sign?"

"Excuse me?"

"Your sign...you know, your birth sign?"

"Uummm....aries."

"Really? Wow! Aries are supposed to be the perfect match for me. I'm a scorpio. We work best with aries. What's your husband's sign?"

"Uh...um...I think a virgo."

"Aaahh...well, you're lucky. Virgo's pretty much get along with anyone. If he was a capricorn you'd be in trouble."

"(weak, uncomfortable laughter) I guess that's a good thing."

"Man, I hope you come back to L.A. sometime. Maybe I'll be your cab driver then."

"Wow...there's the Southwest gate. Guess I better be on my way."

Reason number 216 I don't want to live in L.A.: cab drivers that use astrology to pick up girls. Remember what I said about cab drivers killing people? I may not be too far off...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Creepola!