Monday, January 22, 2007

On a topic a little more serious

I have wanted to post a special request on here for a while, and I just haven't. Probably because many of you who read this already know the situation and are already praying. But for those of you who don't know....please read this and say a little prayer.

I grew up with a girl named Haley Price-Hawley. And when I say grew up, I mean I have pictures from 5-year-old birthday parties of the two of us! We went to church and youth group together until we graduated, and our families still keep up with each other.

Haley and her husband, Zach, were fortunate enough to welcome a baby girl into their family last year. And from what I can tell, Harper is the light of their lives. But Harper is very sick, and needs as many prayers as she can get.

Yesterday Zach, Haley, and Harper headed home from Cook Children's Hospital in Ft. Worth, after 46 days in the OKC and TX hospitals. I am so encouraged and filled with hope after reading Zach's blog entry from today. While they don't know what the future holds, they are now home with Harper and have taken her off medication. I know their prayer is for healing and for comfort.

Please take a moment and read Harper's blog. Learn a little about this unbelievable family, their strength, hope, and trust in God and their very strong little girl. And if you can, please say a prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in club with Haley at OC. I have been keeping up with the situation also and received an update on Saturday. They seem so hopeful...what an inspiration!