Saturday, January 20, 2007

Roommates...

Seriously....how did I NOT know about crockpot bags? What a dream...I don't care how expensive they are, I'm buying them. Thanks for the suggestion, everyone!

I wanted to tell you about my really fun day yesterday. It all started back in November, when I was working in Tulsa. We had an early morning Saturday event, so we went up the night before to stay in this really shady motel (Microtel...do not stay there). But, they had free WiFi so I was game. I had time to kill, so I started exploring MySpace like I always do.

All of a sudden, as I was perusing my friend Liz's blog, I saw a familiar face on her Friends list. It was Jenny, my freshman dorm roommate! Which was so strange, because Liz is a friend from my after-college life. We met just a few years ago, so it's not like she knew Jenny from OU or that I could have missed meeting Liz while I was there.

Turns out Liz and Jenny work together...the same department and everything. It is a lot weirder than it sounds, just go with me.

Anyway, I couldn't call Liz at that moment because she was on vacation in Maine...so I messaged Jenny and found out what she was up to. It was so cool! We hadn't seen each other in years, but that is the power of the internet for you. All this time, Liz and I were hanging out and I never knew...

Apparently, when Liz got back to work from vacation, Jenny told her "what did Jessica tell you about me? Because I could tell you a lot about her, too..." Yikes! One of only 3 people other than family who has ever had the fortune of living with me!

So, my fun day was finally going to lunch with Jenny and Liz yesterday. We just chatted and caught up...it was so cool. Jenny and I both went "potluck" our freshman year, and ended up with each other. Thank goodness I ended up with someone cool, that didn't smell (like our suitemate) or bring random guys home and tie a scarf on the door or something (which our suitemate did). She's just a nice, smart, clean, funny person...

Anyway, Jenny...I had fun! Let's do lunch again soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

♥ it!! Yes, we will definitely have to make it a must to meet up frequently!!