Friday, March 03, 2006

Boring Days...

Reason for no post since last Tuesday? Because absolutely nothing exciting is going on! Pretty good reason, right?

John and I went to Springfield last weekend to visit my grandparents. It was a relaxing weekend, and we even took Monday off work to have a little extra time. My aunt and I shopped at the mall some, but other than that we just chilled at the house and ate good food.

Tonight is clean the house night. I think I mentioned it before, but John really knows how destroy a house. Such a mess! I'm having my book club over tomorrow for our monthly meeting, so I want to make sure they don't have to wade through piles of bill and dirty dishes. I have to say--we had a great book this month to read. "Memoirs of a Geisha" was the book, and it was very vivd and easy to read. I was afraid I would get all the names mixed up since they were Japanese names and sound a lot alike (think "Crime and Punishment", the Russian novel we read in high school). But it was actually very easy, and I have this newly discovered fascination with Japan.

While it's fun to discuss the books, MORE fun is the getting together and pretending to discuss the books. There are 6 of us in our little group and we have so much fun getting together!

John bought some new toys yesterday at Academy. A golf net thing, so he can hit golf balls in the back yard and not break windows, and a new football. Now that the weather has warmed up, the kids from the neighborhood are going to be over all the time trying out John's new toys!

Literally, nothing else new going on. Perhaps things will get more exciting this week...

No comments: