Friday, March 17, 2006

Shoe Addiction and My lack of it

I have to tell you--I am not a shoe person. I'm just not. Do I like shoes? Yes. Do I think there are a lot of cute shoes out there? Yes. But do I enjoy matching shoes to my outfit and do I go crazy over buying cute shoes? No.

I would be happy to wear flip flops every day. You can get them in various colors, match them to your outift, they look cute with skirts and jeans, etc. But when it's not appropriate to wear them (i.e. winter, business meetings, etc.) I'm not a cute shoe person. Now, that's not to say I don't have a lot of shoes--I do. But I do not update my shoe shelf very often. In fact, I went out on a limb a few months ago and got a pair of pink shoes and a cute pair of plaid shoes with that "kissable" heel. I have worn both pairs one time each. I just stick with my ugly, reliable shoes day in and day out. Don't worry--I know they are ugly shoes so you don't have to feel bad for me! Sometimes I get concerned that I'm not a normal girl because I don't enjoy shoe shopping or wearing cute shoes. Then I see my purse and handbag collection, and I feel a little normal. I love purses--weird shaped, off colors, prints....I love purses.

I also love jeans. I could shop for jeans every day. Luckily, my job is very laid back and unless we have client meetings or media events, we're in jeans or sweatpants every day.

This weekend our little office world is marrying off Jeanna Bond. She's worked with us for a little over a year and she's the last in out office to bite the bullet. So I'm excited to attend my second wedding for the year! Geez....I thought wedding season was over for me! But, alas, no worries--there's another baby shower next weekend as well which makes more baby showers than weddings. Also, Saturday night is Girl's Night for our class at church. It's at Sara's house and there are only three requirements: wear PJ's, bring pictures of our husbands when they were younger so we can all laugh, and eat junk food.

Fortunately, I am an expert in all three of these areas, so I will be set!

Please keep my Grandma DeBusk in your prayers. She took a bad fall on Tuesday and is still in the hospital. In fact, when she fell she hit her head and injured her eye very badly. Currently she can't see out of that eye, so we're praying her vision is restored. She is such a wonderful, caring, special woman and really has my heart--please just say a little prayer that she is released from the hospital, her vision is restored and God continues to keep her healthy for many many more years.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: