Wednesday, March 08, 2006


Ah, the girls of book club. And, of course, all our yummy food. I have to admit--I came up with some great ideas for food this time. We had two different kinds of soup (hearty chicken noddle and minestrone) in Panera bread bowls! It was a hit. But the real favorite of the night was the chocolate fondue I made.

I had these little fun fondue sets I'd received when I got married and never used. So I ran across this recipe on Betty Crocker's website for Chocolate Raspberry Fondue. It was so easy--one can of chocolate frosting, 1/3 cup of raspberry preserves melted together for 20 seconds in the microwave. YUM! As you can see, we had strawberries, bananas, raspberries, rice krispy treats, graham crackers and marshmellows for dipping. It was almost too easy--easy to make like every night!

BTW--our next book is "Drowning Ruth" by Christina Schwarz.

It was a good thing to have this event to prepare for. I kind of had a rough day last Friday. I ended up spending the entire evening eating pizza in bed, watching TV and sleeping. A girl needs that every now and then! John was so great and understanding--just ordered the pizza for me and left me alone to watch crime shows in the dark. I'm not sure I would have had the "umph" to get out of bed over the weekend if I wouldn't have had people to prepare for.

I have discovered through this strange time in my little life a most inspiring song. This is going to sound crazy, but Bon Jovi has provided me with a little peace through the song "Welcome to Wherever You Are". John keeps rolling his eyes at the thought of Bon Jovi providing inspirational lyrics, but this song truly is! Download it to your MP3 player of choice, especially if you're soul searching as I have been lately.

John got the results from his training exam in California today--he finished 2nd in the class! He's already had the director of his office call him to congratulate him. Apparently, the OKC office has never had anyone finish in the top 5 in training, let alone 2nd in the class. John's already been asked to go to a really in-depth class in Illinois for two weeks for additional training, since he's showing so much promise. Only a select few people in the country get to go to that class. So, this is very exciting and something to be proud of.

That is about it in our neck of the woods. Random piece of info--I got an e-mail from a high school friend yesterday. I haven't talked to her in about 4 years, and she was telling me all about her life. She just broke up with her long-time boyfriend, who has now legally changed his name to Brittany and is a "pre-op transexual". WHOA! How random is that?! It makes me thankful my life is relatively normal...

No comments: