Monday, October 30, 2006

A World Series AND the Husband of the Year...what a great weekend!

What a weekend. In our house we like to call a weekend like that a "Perfect Weekend". Because not only did OU win away from home, and Dallas won their game....but the St. Louis Cardinals won the World Series!!!!!!

Does it get any better than that? Does it get any better than watching your team, the guys you watch for months, even years, the players you become emotionally invested in--does it get any better than watching them win the ultimate title? I don't think so. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

John is officially "Husband of the Year" for his efforts last week. He was already scheduled to take vacation last week, and planned on using his time to golf and sleep. But John was so good to cancel his relaxing week at home, and headed to Springfield to help my grandparents.

My grandfather had a full knee-replacement surgery on Wednesday. And we knew he'd be spending some time in the hospital, obviously. But St. John's Hospital has been undergoing a lot of remodels, and the parking lot is now a very, very long way from the patient rooms. Not too bad if you're a patient, right? But it makes it awfully tough for those visiting the patient, like my Grandma.

John went up on Tuesday night and spent the next two days taking care of my Grandma, helping her run errands, and helping her maneuver the hospital maze so she could spend time with my Grandpa. He also spent several long hours at the hospital, entertaining my Grandpa and helping him get around. I know it was a huge help to the whole family, and it made the whole experience much easier on my Grandma. Luckily, Grandpa was released yesterday, just as my mom and I were packing to head home to Oklahoma. We got him settled in the recliner at the house, and I think he's going to do great. Already he's walking more than I could have imagined!

So, thanks to the best husband in the world, for giving the only time off you have for the rest of the year to help the greatest Grandparents I know. Hopefully, the Cardinals World Series win helped make up for the long week!

Also--I am going to attempt to rise to the challenge issued by Susan and Robin to post something every day during the month of November. The more I blog, the more I realize it's such a fun look at my life in this moment. Like a diary....it's becoming more personal to me, and not so much about keeping everyone up-to-date. I mean, really, our life is not that exciting. But one of these days I'll have this blog to look back on and remember a really fun time in my life.

So, look forward to pictures of the pantry and full lunch menu updates in the future, as I'm not sure I can find something totally exciting every day! Also....there might be a lot of Faith pictures, as she is really the only family member that looks great on camera!

No comments: