Friday, October 13, 2006

Embarrassing Moment of the Week (because there's at least one each week)

So....I hadn't been to the gym in a while. I'll be honest--it dropped of my priority list, and when that happens my true laziness begins to show. However, the mood struck me last night to go to the gym. And especially because it was Thursday night, which was Pilates night. So, I rush around after work and head over to the old stomping grounds. Because, despite it falling off the priority list, the gym did not fall off the finance list and we've been helping pay their electric bill since April.

Anyway....it had been about 3 months since I'd been. And, alas, when I arrived I found out there is no Pilates class on Thursday anymore. I thought I should go ahead and work out anyway since I was there. But then I realized I was wearing flip flops (because in Pilates you take your shoes off) and I didn't feel like running the treadmill in flip flops.

Here's where it gets bad.

I grab an October schedule of classes and I head towards the side exit door to go to my car, as I always do. I'm reading the schedule, not looking where I'm going, and I push open the side door and promptly set off the entire building alarm.

So I look up in my confusion, and see that sure enough--there are only about 4 giant signs on the door that say "DO NOT OPEN THIS DOOR". But, see, I was reading the schedule and not paying attention. So I turn around to make my embarrassing escape when I notice there is a line down the hall of people waiting for the 6:30 Boot Camp class and they are all staring at me. And the only way to get out is to walk meekly past them and say "Sorry...I was reading, my fault". I had to walk all the way through the gym to the front door, where I RAN to my car and got out of there. I could still hear the alarm going off as I drove away, I'm not kidding. There was not a soul in that building that could not hear the alarm going off.

So, I guess I won't be going back to the gym anytime soon!

The good news--I was near the T-Mobile store, and shopping is my therapy so instead of working out I got a new cell phone. And it's great, and I downloaded ring tones so that REO Speedwagon plays when John calls. It's a great way to recover from a very embarrassing moment!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

the gym dropped off my finance list before it dropped off the priority list. I'm glad you got over your embarassment with Shopping!