Monday, October 23, 2006

Apparently we need an exorcist in our house...



John was very excited about his job as scary woods man for the 3rd-5th grade Haunted Hayride through church over the weekend. He had been planning it for a while, and even bought a new all-black wardrobe for the occasion.

As you can see...he also decided to buy a scary mask. He went to Party Warehouse with the nephews and found this mask. You can't tell from the picture, but it was attached to a black ballcap. As he's showing his sister, Robin, and I the mask here is the conversation that followed:

John: Do you like my mask? Think it's scary enough?

Robin: Ooooo...very scary. Wait a minute....what is that emblem on the ballcap?

We all move in closer to investigate...

Robin: John....is that the symbol of the antichrist?

John: What? No....I don't know. How would you even know that?

Robin: It is! It is the symbol of the antichrist! John, you're promoting Satan worshipping at the church children's fall festival!

John: No! No! I didn't know, I swear....man, I really liked the mask. Think I can just grab a Sharpie and color over the symbol?

This is why we don't send men shopping on their own for anything....

1 comment:

Joe said...

But where is the mask?
:-)