Monday, October 23, 2006

And In Other Weekend News

We spent Sunday evening enjoying the World Series Game 2 (ok....not really enjoying it, since we lost) at Nathan and Elizabeth's house. Turns out Nathan is a lifelong Tigers fan....maybe the only one living in America today. Anyway, John and I showed up decked out in our Cardinals gear...which I am convinced is the reason we lost. This shirt is bad luck, so look now because I'm not wearing it aain.
There's Nathan, looking much calmer than he really was. He had a good night. Hopefully it's the last one for this year. I teased him all night about how the Detroit fans looked like their hats and shirts were brand new. You cannot tell me Detroit magically has 80,000 fans to fill a stadium before this year....they're all bandwagon fans, I suspect. Haven't broken in their gear quite like Nathan has!
Good friend, Pam, helped host Laura's shower this weekend. Pam and I go way back, even farther than Laura and I! I'm pretty convinced she is the reason I nearly failed sophomore year at OU. Example conversation:
Pam: Hey, want to walk to class with me?
Jess: Sure, where are you headed?
Pam: Journalism building...you?
Jess: Dale Hall
Pam: Cool....you hungry?
Jess: Starving
Pam: Want to see if Derek is hungry?
Jess: Sure....and Brooke. Maybe Cary. What's Jeremy doing?
Pam: So no class?
Jess: Nah...it's macroeconomics. I can miss.

Thus began my downward spiral to C's (okokok....1 D, but that was it).

Anyway, as you can see we both made it through college, received our degrees in journalism, and still love getting together!


Finally, I made the bed this weekend. Love the new sheets and comforter, don't you? Believe it or not, they've been sitting on the bedroom floor since John gave them to me for Christmas last year! I didn't want to put it on because I didn't want car hair all over it. You can see how well that worked.

Also, on Saturday we enjoyed a blustering attempt at the Pumpkin Patch, but it was too cold and windy. So, we settled for the next best thing: Eischen's and cinnamon rolls at the Tower Cafe in Okarchee! Nothing like the best fried chicken in Oklahoma to warm you up!

And that's it for the weekend update.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hey, you'll have to give me directions to the pumpkin patch so I can take Sophy!