Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Random Thoughts, week of 10/9

A few random thoughts for this Wednesday morning...

Does anyone else have a problem with the fact that the lead story on Yahoo News right now is the fact that Giant Camels died off centuries ago? Is it really that slow of a news day? There's got to be something else we can talk about. It may be a great story, but I just don't feel it deserves lead story on Yahoo news...
-----------------------------------------

Our nephew, Mason, informed us very matter-of-factly last night that it is getting cold. I was grateful for the observation. And, it is in fact almost sweater weather, and I'm quite excited. Because, let's face it, my winter clothes are a lot cuter than my summer clothes. And I think many people look better in the winter. Especially poor souls like me that don't tan--we look better all covered up!
-----------------------------------------

We watched the game this weekend with a different group of friends than normal, and it was a lot of fun. There were children there, which was actually a good thing because it made me watch my actions and language more than I would in a normal situation. Plus, I didn't want our new group not to invite us back because I acted like a fool or something....so I was more than subdued. I almost felt like I was too subdued....I was concentrating on not yelling at the TV. I liked having the kids there, because most of them are starting to talk and carry on conversations, and they provided much comic relief during a sad game.

However, I did wear my not-so-nice beat Texas shirt because it's a long-standing tradition. I've had it for 6 years now. I'm beginning to think it's not so magical anymore. I was so disappointed because I really, really thought we were going to win. They even played me up until halftime...sigh.

I still love my Sooners. Especially Garrett Hartley--I am officially a kicker groupie. He never lets me down.
----------------------------------------------

I have been on a cooking frenzy. Ok, I cooked two days. And I guess one doesn't even really count because we ended up going out. BUT, I did plan ahead two days in a row and got everything ready, used kitchen utensils and pans and everything. My dishwasher is worn out from all the use. Monday I made Garlic Lemon pork chops and rice, and last night I made Fiesta chicken quesadillas and beans and chips. That may not sound very culinary to you--but it's not Hamburger Helper so it's gourmet to me. I forgot what I had on the menu for tonight. But I'm sure it's something good. Maybe it's Pigs-N-A-Blanket and Mac-N-Cheese night. That would be great. Anyting with "-N-" in the title is usually a winner at our house!
-----------------------------------------------

Finally, on the TV front....I'm thinking that Studio 60 will be the only newcomer this year to make it to my DVR list. Maybe Friday Night Lights, but I'll have to watch a few more to see. Also, I'm seriously considering eliminating Desperate Housewives. I'm just not into it. Already eliminated were "Extreme Makeover" (too sappy) and "Law and Order:CI" (too many L&O's).

And that's it on the TV homefront...
------------------------------------------------

Have a great week! And if you're not busy early Satuday morning, consider participating in the Komen Race for the Cure. It's at the Bricktown Ballpark Saturday morning. Registration begins at 8 a.m. and it's tons of fun, with lots of free pink stuff and you know your $25 is going to a great cause. And if you come, stop by my client's booth and see me...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That is alot of thoughts for one day;) I cannot get into Studio 60, what's my deal? I LOVE Desperate Housewives again, I wasn't a second season fan but for some reason this season gets me. I will be there Saturday, I will look for you. I'm planning on running and everything!!

swatterson said...

haha! You did a great job of holding in your hostility at the game....I couldn't even tell you were having inner turmoil!

Amen to Studio 60 being the only good new show.