Monday, October 23, 2006

Countdown to Riley's Arrival...


Sunday I headed down to Norman for Laura's baby shower. For those of you that don't know Laura, she is a saint. We actually shared an apartment together in college--and believe it or not, we are still friends! We have been through so much together (vacations, finals, friends, boyfriends, break-ups, engagements, weddings, and even cats!). She taught me how to do laundry. She was the first person to know I was officially engaged. She helped John pass his online biology classes by taking many of his tests for him. And, she is the smartest person I know (she's in medical school, studying to be a pediatrician) and I would trust her with my life as a physician.

On November 1st she and husband Aaron will welcome Riley Ann into the world. I cannot believe 9 months has flown by so quickly. I cannot believe she is having a little girl. She hates pink and doesn't exactly enjoy girly things. So, I imagine little Riley will end up just like Laura--tomboy to the core, playing football and softball, and spending more time collecting bugs than collecting hairbows. I can't wait to meet her, and I had so much fun at the shower. Laura got A LOT of pink stuff--we are all conspiring.



Forget the frilly dresses. Laura's favorite number at the shower came in the form of a simple white onesie with an OU on the front, and an upside down Longhorn on the butt. Because even babies are smart enough to hate Texas.

No comments: