Friday, October 06, 2006

My Feelings on the Longhorns....I hope they drown in the Red River

I cannot think of a better education on OU/TX weekend, and the importance of things like upside down Longhorns than the education provided on an old friend's blog, Discount Bananas by Cary McCall. Please check it out--read the past few days entries. Cary and I attended many a game in both Norman and Dallas in college, along with our National Championship-winning crew from the Outreach, and he gives a great look into the deep down, burning hatred we Sooners feel for the Longhorns.

In no circumstance could I ever like Texas. Ever. I didn't even root for them in the National Championship (I didn't root for USC either--but really not Texas). People say "root for the Big 12". And I do....except Texas. I hate that school and their stupid cow mascot.

Thanks, Cary, for such a great education and bringing back a lot of memories!

No comments: