Monday, July 28, 2008

Lists never fail

Geez...I can't believe how sucky this blog has been lately! Sorry so boring. I am truly my usual beautiful, hilarious, perfect self in real life. So much of what has been going on is stuff I don't really want to write....who cares about work or parties or coffee nights or being tired all the time.

I leave tomorrow for my third trip in the last two weeks. Headed to Chicago for my favorite meeting. Last week was travel to Iowa, then "On the Road" with ch. 5. It's just been hectic around here.

One of these days I'll get back to better posting. I've also found it's really hard to keep up more than one blog and stay interesting and fun on both. So much of what's going on in our life centers around adoption, which I'm chronicling on the other blog to avoid boring people here who aren't interested. I may have to combine the two blogs one of these days!

But you know what never fails me on blogs? Lists....so I give you the first of several lists over the next week. There's no purpose....just making a list because people like lists!

Books we've read in Book Club since it started:
The Reading Group
The Lovely Bones
Wicked
Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing
Drowning Ruth
Memoirs of a Geisha
Life of Pi
Keeping Faith
Secret Life of Bees
Jewel
Running with Scissors
A Mighty Heart
The Thirteenth Tale
Lamb
The Road

Our next book is The Last Lecture.

Favorites: Life of Pi, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Thirteenth Tale.
Least Favorites: Running with Scissors, Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing.
Didn't read: Jewel (I own it, just haven't read it and I hate that it remains unread!)

Any I wouldn't recommend? No! They are all SO different and I liked each for different reasons. Running with Scissors is a little risque, but I'm still glad I read it.

I love my "book club". I love the girls in it, I love the food, I love the excuse to read books I never would have picked on my own. I recommend everyone get a book club, even if you don't like to read.

This list brought to you by last Saturday's Book Club meeting, where we enjoyed homemade pasta (from Pizza Hut), homemade chocolate cake, the best book discussion we'd had in months, and all around good conversation! That's why it's on my mind...

1 comment:

Charly said...

What you didn't care for Running with Scissors?!? :) It wasn't quite my cup of tea either. I read the Last Lecture in June and it was really good. Get ready to have some tissues. I miss the book club! :(