Monday, May 21, 2007

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

This weekend was so wonderful. I have to say I was a little nervous because it was supposed to be 6 girls per hotel room. Can you imagine 6 girls and one shower? One sink? Early mornings? That was seriously the only thing that almost kept me from wanting to go. But I packed a hat, knowing I might have to wear it if I was asked to be the one to shower the night before.

But no worries! It ended up 4 girls per room, and the girls in my room took just as long getting ready as I did! So no worries about looking vain. Other than that, I knew it was going to be a good time. And I was not disappointed. Even though much of the weekend was filled with lots of boobs and breast milk chatter, it made me laugh and I even learned a little bit.

Liz....we may need to rethink our ban against breastfeeding. I have lots of info for you now.

This weekend was exactly what I needed. There's really no way to describe how much fun I had, or how much I loved gabbing with the girls. I can't really describe how fast hours in the car can go when you're surrounded by 5 friends, all with dynamic personalities and the ability to tell a great story. I'm not even sure I can understand how easy the weekend was, how there was never one awkward moment or silence. And, of course, it wouldn't be a girls weekend without lots of love and support, concern and interest....it reminds me that I'm never alone.

Anyway--thanks girls! And I know you're reading, as blogs were a main topic of conversation over the weekend. Emily and I apparently share the same fear of alienating our vast male audience (and it's pretty vast) by talking about such things as girly parts....but no more! Emily, I'm watching your blog. Once you make your post we discussed over the weekend, I'll be opening up here as well. Waiting for your keyword...hey, I've never said the word "boobs" on this site before so I'm moving in a new direction already.

In the meantime....enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

It would have to be some seriously good new info. After being offered some frozen milk in a plastic IV bag look-a-like out of D and B's fridge - I'm a even more turned off. I heart Similac! : )