Friday, May 11, 2007

All in a day's work

Sometimes my job can be very difficult. We are put in several difficult situations, and sometimes it can be hard to handle.

Take, for example, two weeks ago when the Blue Bell Ice Cream man came to our office for a client meeting to have us taste test new products and make milkshakes of new flavors. Let me tell you...that was a difficult day at work. It was stressful trying to decide how much more ice cream I could eat before exploding.

Today was another difficult day, once again the culprit being ice cream. Our client has come out with two new desserts: brownie bits and green M&M's in vanilla ice cream, and mint and chocolate shake. Since they are our client, it's really our job to taste test and make sure everything tastes OK and the service is right. It's such an obligation, but once again I bust my butt to do the best at my job. So I tried them.

In other news, I broke down and bought a CHI last night. I'd had enough of this humidity and the toll it was taking on my hair. I had not one but TWO meetings with clients I'd never met this week and both times I was humiliated that I had a gigantic frizzball on top of my head. It was embarrassing, and I felt completely unprofessional. A big part of oozing confidence is feeling comfortable in your own skin. When all you can think about is your hair it's hard to make a great impression.

So, I bought a CHI, and a new hair dryer (with ions! and ceramic technology!), and finally new shampoo and detangler spray specifically designed for heat-treated hair. Already I can tell a difference, and while I can't promise it will be perfect it will be much better.

Now the only thing I have to worry about is getting the whole breakout thing under control. I'm 26 going on 14 and can't seem to get it all figured out. One of these days I'll walk into a room and not even think about how I look.

Plus....I have great Calvin Klein black heels that make me feel tall and important. How can I go wrong?

The whole airline debacle took it's toll on me. Last night, I was in bed around 7:00 and asleep by about 8:15. Actually, before that. I fell asleep before "The Office" was over. That show is hilarious. I had much better dreams than when I watch "CSI" before falling asleep.

It didn't help that by the time I got home and in bed on Wednesday night, it was 2 a.m. Then I got up and headed to Stillwater to help with Special Olympics for the day. I can't's so much fun. But I was worn out after serving lunch to over 6,000 athletes and coaches!

Well, that's it for now. I have a post I'm working on about all the things I learned in Canton. Will post soon!

No comments: