Monday, December 11, 2006

Let's Get the Parties Started

All right, all right....I know I'm long overdue for an update. But things have been so crazy I honestly haven't had time. Why? Because it's December and in my world that means 100 different Christmas parties. Ok....more like 8 Christmas parties. But if you think about it, in less than 25 days that's a lot. For my work alone I have 5 parties to attend. What can I say--public relations is all about partying. Tomorrow night we have the pleasure of dining at Mickey Mantle's. At least we'll get a good steak!

I had the best weekend I've had in a long time. Friday night we had a little party at my boss' house with our team at the office. Luckily, everyone I work with is totally awesome and have really fun husbands, so when we get together everyone has fun. The girls totally schooled the guys in Scene It....beyond schooled them. We beat them and made them like it. We practically beat them in Cranium, and since it was so close I like to count it as a win for the girls anyway.

Yes, people, that's right...we played board games at the work Christmas party. And did I mention this was the SECOND office party I've had this year? The first one was last Wednesday with the entire office and we played board games at that one, too. We are wild and crazy, partying fools. Which brings me to the other best part of the parties--we beat Jenga. We played Jenga until we couldn't play anymore--I think it was 39 or 40 rows to be exact, then we had to knock it down.

Saturday I had a wonderful afternoon in the Norman/Purcell area. I met Laura and baby Riley for lunch (haven't seen her since she was born....she's perfect!). Then Mom, Julia, and I headed to Purcell to do a little antiquing. They have fabulous antique shops there--if you're ever in the mood to take a little trip make sure and visit Butler's Antiques. That day ended with watching Easton's basketball team KILL the other team (they had to turn the scoreboard off because they were losing so bad), and then we hung out with the boys for a while...they are so cool lately. Lots of fun.

Sunday I attended the 8th birthday party of my friend Cameron. His mom is my very best friend in the world, and I've known Cameron since before he was born. I cannot believe he's 8 years old, and I'm so proud of him and his mom. For 8 years old, he's one of the funniest, sweetest, smartest people I know.

Well, that's about it for now. I'll try and do more updating...after a month of everyday blogging I felt like something was missing all last week!

No comments: