Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Recap

The reason I haven't updated the blog is because my arms have been too sore to type. I'm just kidding....but I am pretty sore from the 3 times I've gone to the gym. I guess that happens when you've never worked out before. You get sore very easily!

We had a great weekend. Friday we helped my friend Brooke celebrate her new job by going out to dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Nothing like mini cheeseburgers to celebrate any occasion. Then we went to her house and played the BEST game....called Karaoke Revolution. It's a Playstation game that's like Dance, Dance Revolution except it's Karaoke! It is so much fun, and they have very recent songs (for example--I sang an Ashlee Simpson song. And it was much better than her SNL performance!). Our friend Nate was so bad that when he sang, the crowd booed him off the stage, the game cut off in the middle of the song, and he got zero points! John keeps saying it was not fun, but he's just trying to be cool. He was great at it, as I'm sure you can imagine.

Saturday was a very busy day. We had a picnic with friends from church at Mitch Park. It was a gorgeous day, and I think John found a new calling in the game of croquet. Then we headed off to Matt and Robin's to try out a borrowed chocolate fountain. Many dips later, John had to roll me out to the car!

Sunday we ended up having a cookout with our neighbors. We have a lot of fun with them. Their girls, Jordan and Jesika LOVE John. They are always coming over to play.

Anyway--it was an awesome weekend of friends, fellowship, and fun. Doesn't get much better than that!

2 comments:

swatterson said...

I'm so glad you joined the gym! Maybe I'll have the opportunity to see more of you this way! Are you in on going to classes? You should start with Tuesday night 6:30 circuit class!

Jessica said...

I've been wanting to try some classes--it's just been a little intimidating. Thanks for the suggestion--I'll try to start that circuit class tomorrow! Do you go to that class?