Monday, May 01, 2006

Is it obsession, or good hygiene?

Would it be considered obsession that my spring cleaning this weekend including scrubbing the shower curtain hooks by hand? Probably....cleaning is my obsession and I'll probably have sloppy kids that remember their mom as a clean freak one day.

I've been talking about spring cleaning since John and I moved in last summer. I'm so pathetic. I have all kinds of things I want to do for spring cleaning....and I decided this weekend I can't do them all at once. I have to take one room at a time. And, the master bath was the winner Sunday. Hey--the shower hooks were getting rusty and tarnished. If you don't clean them, they only get worse!

Anyway, that is boring talk. We're not very exciting. This weekend was a big weekend in Anderson family world. Renee's graduate recital was Friday night and she did a great job. Loved it when she sang "Out Tonight" from Rent. Also, if you know Renee at all you could appreciate the song she sang called "All the Good Men are Gay". Ha! Then Saturday night we went to a fundraising auction for Easton's school, Oakdale. We didn't buy anything but watched a lot of other people spend LOTS of money! The first grade class project (2 paintings that each of the kids contributed to) went for $10,000!!!

I've been a movie-watching mood lately. I haven't been for a long time, because I'm usually so behind on DVR I don't have time to watch movies. Spent Saturday morning watching "The Notebook" and cried and cried. I didn't think I would cry again because I knew what happened. But I did. Then when I was trying to tell John about the movie at lunch (he's never seen it) I started crying again. Right there in Texas Roadhouse, surrounded by peanut shells and Toby Keith songs I started crying about this movie!

Of the movies I've rented lately: I would highly suggest "Derailed" because for once I didn't predict the turn of events. I liked it, though it's a little slow at times. I would not suggest "Match Point", because it's another one of those British movies that make little sense to me and really just frustrate me because they drink tea and talk about "manors" and "crumpets". However, I do really like Scarlett Johanssen. I also watched "Crash" because I heard it's very intense and very moving. I definitely think my expectations were too high. It was an excellent movie, but I wasn't shocked or awed and wasn't blown away. I guess if you're in the mood for a drama, it would work. I guess keep an open mind and don't expect too much.

'Tis the season for season finales. It's about that time for all my TV shows. I'm only officially losing one show this season--The West Wing is headed for syndication in 2 episodes. NBC really did this show a disservice by moving it around so much. It is fantastic, and I'm sorry to see it go. CSI: finale is supposedly a life-changer for one of the CSI's. Which cracks me up because last year the season finale was one of the CSI's (Nick) getting buried alive. Must be a very dangerous job!

No comments: