Monday, April 17, 2006

Having my cake and eating it too

Well, we're literally swimming in birthday cake at our house. John got my favorite cake (Ribbon cake from Raspberries n Creme!) and we had that last night; then our neighbor made me a cake, so we have that; and my sister made me cupcakes!! If you're craving cake, just stop by our house...

We had a great weekend. LTC was a lot of fun and I think we both agreed we wanted to be a little more involved next year. We were just observers this time around.

We also went to the Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks with Robin and the boys. It was really a lot of fun. Kind of pricey ($15 per adult, $10 per child) and certainly not the Baltimore Aquarium or anything! But, there were a lot of cool fish and a huge shark tank you could walk around in, as well as a "touch tank" where Mason got to touch stingrays and starfish and mini-sharks.

Yesterday we had lunch at Ingrid's for Easter, which was a great idea since we had no wait and more than enough food. Then last night we did family birthday dinner at (where else?) Friday's with Mom, Bill and Julia.

Not much else to report. John got me an FM transmitter for the iPod so I'm pretty excited about that. I also got iTunes gift cards and more from mom and dad and cash from lots of people.

There are perks to having a birthday! Even though I'm a little depressed about turning 25. From now on I will officially be closer to 30 than 20, but I guess we just have to keep moving forward, right? Sigh....I'll eat lots of cake to make up for the small bout of depression!

No comments: