Friday, April 21, 2006

Let's Get Physical....

Well, John and I joined a gym. We'd been talking about it for a while, and on Monday we finally did it. As many of you know, I turned 25 on Monday and suddenly feel very aware that my metabolism won't last forever. And, literally, it's all "downhill" from here if I don't make an effort. So, in an effort to put off aging (humor me) for a little longer I'm going to try working out.

I have never belonged to a gym. Never really participated in sports (I was a choir/drama/newspaper nerd). So, I am extremely confused, intimidated, overwhelmed at the new gym. It's called Transformation Fitness and I know there are lots of locals who are members there. If any of you would like to "take on" an intimidated non-exerciser and show her the way I would appreciate it! I'd like to join a class (pilates, etc.) but do you know how scary that thought is? All those people already know what they're doing! How does a beginner begin a class like that? Sigh....I have my first of two complimentary sessions with a personal trainer tonight so maybe he can give me tips on what I should be doing and how. John met with him last night and is "good sore" today!

In other news...well, there isn't much other news! We've had a very successful (if crazy) month of promotions in Tulsa with work. They are doing some really cool things with the restaurants up there and we've had a great time talking about it and developing a huge ad campaign to talk about it. However, we're worn out at the office! But we should have some good "catch up" time at the office the next couple of weeks.

My great friend and former college roomie (which makes her an even better friend because she lived with me for 2 years) has recently announced she is pregnant. She went to the doctor today and is sending pictures from her first ultrasound. So funny--she called it her peanut! I am so excited for her. My little world of expectant friends changes every day!

Well, off to get a little real work done before I call it a weekend. Wish me luck at the gym, and please let me know if you can help me get acclimated!

No comments: