Monday, April 10, 2006

Well, it has officially been a very busy week since Wednesday!

So excited--I finally got to go to a Hornet's game Wednesday night. I'd been wanting to go all season, but it just never happened. No, not entirely John's fault despite what I said on-air on the Sports Animal. But, he was truly convinced it would be boring and he wouldn't have any fun. Boy was he wrong! John had a great time! We went with Matt and Easton, and at the last minute got two more free tickets and Jason and Kristen went with us too. Matt and Easton had been before, but I think they had a lot of fun telling the four of us "newbies" about the game and events. Easton cheered louder than anyone in the arena, I think!

Then I began my trek to Tulsa. Thursday, Friday and Saturday I drove there and back. Boy the iPod and Julia's FM transmitter came in handy! Lots of exciting things going on in Tulsa with work, so I'm glad we're going up there quite a bit.

Friday night John and I took dinner to our friend's, the Dacus'. They finally got to bring their little girl, Haley, home from the hospital after she came a little early. She's now 4 pounds, 8 ounces and about the tiniest thing I've ever seen. The only baby I've ever seen any smaller was Chloe Winton! Anyway, Haley was so cute and so tiny...we're so glad their family is complete and at home.

Saturday, after heading to Tulsa and back I began my two-day countdown to book club and began cramming in all the reading. I'd read a little less than half so Saturday afternoon was a good catch-up day. Then, we headed to the Ford Center once again that evening, this time for an OKC Yard Dawgs game! It was very interesting....it's arena football so there was that feel of football, but not the same as an OU game obviously.

In fact between the Yard Dawgs game and watching the Red-White game on ESPN I am ready for football! Guess what--only 152 days until kickoff in Norman!

Sunday I had more reading to do. I finished the book at 4:42 p.m., and Liz picked me up at 5:30! I cut it close, but finished the book and had a great night with the girls. The book we read was called "Drowning Ruth". I'm not sure how I felt about it. Everyone seemed to like it, but I wasn't all that impressed. Guess I'm still processing.

John and I are going to grill out tonight! It's that time of year...we're not in a burn ban are we?

Also--I tried out Wal-Mart's online picture center, where you can download your digital photos, order them, and pay for them online, then pick them up printed at the store. So easy! I should have been doing this all along....I have sooooo many digital photos I need to print out.

2 comments:

swatterson said...

You're in a book club? That's cool. And the Wal-mart photo thing is awesome huh?!

Jessica said...

Yes, the Wal-Mart thing worked out so easily. They can even do it for you in an hour! And, it's easy to upload the pics...doesn't take a long time like I thought it would.

My book club is a lot of fun. It sounds so cheesy, but really it's an excuse to eat and visit on a girl's night. Plus, it gives me a great excuse to spend money at Barnes and Noble and read great books. Every book we've chosen so far has been very different, and it makes me feel good to not be such a big TV-head!